"We chose SC Whitmore School because Carlos spends a lot of time on the go, so the flexibility of his school hours helps us stay mobile. Carlos will be pursuing his music career, and graduating early is certainly something he is going to try to do."
Mother of Carlos Guevara
Class of 2016
"I learned more than the proper way to write a thesis statement. The teachers never handed me the answers; instead they taught me how to look for them myself. At SCWS my education became mine."
Class of 2013
Does your teen:
Struggle on tests?
Need a flexible school schedule?
Need a small school atmoshpere?
Want to graduate early?
Want to avoid social drama?
SC Whitmore School might be right for you!
-Madison recieves her college acceptance letter!
Class of 2015
New Student and Parent Orientation
At SC Whitmore School new student and parent orientation is an imporant and required process for all new students. During orientation we will spend quality time with students and parents explaining in great detail how to navigate through our system and the basic expectations of our school.
Please plan to attend the new student and parent orientation closest to you. You must be present for the full three hour event. Upon completion students and parents will be given their login information, as well as some helpful tips on making a smooth transition from their previous high school.
Please bring a laptop, if you own one. We will have a limited number of laptops that may be shared during this event.
Contact Mrs. Pam Chick at 866-476-6416 to reserve your spot today!
Myrtle Beach area
The mission of the SC Whitmore School, a virtual charter high school, is to encourage students to be personally committed to, and responsible for, their education. This enables them to develop independence, responsibility, time management and critical thinking skills.
We are dedicated to providing a supportive, challenging, alternative learning environment throughout South Carolina. South Carolina Whitmore School emphasizes mastery of all academic courses and results in students achieving their educational goals.
"SCWS was perfect for me because I moved during my senior year. I was able to just complete the credits I needed to graduate."
Why Choose SC Whitmore School?
* All courses are self-paced mastery-based; students submit and revise work on each lesson to achieve mastery.
* Students can enroll any time of the year. Our self paced curriculum allows students to graduation early, or take the extra time they need to master a subject.
* School is open 24/7, August – July.
* Small school - (hundreds of students - not thousands).
* South Carolina based - locally operated.
* Students work one-to-one with caring supportive teachers.
* SC Whitmore students receive a SC diploma which is accepted by universities and colleges across the country.
* Credits completed with a passing grade from accredited high schools will transfer to SC Whitmore School.