2013 -2014 Student and Parent Orientations
As we prepare for the new school year, we will be holding Orientations for all new and returning students and their parents throughout
Places and Dates to be scheduled
soon. Please check back frequently. Emails will also be sent to our enrolled families.
SC Whitmore School is a public online charter high school where each student learns through a challenging, supportive mastery-based curriculum, and is well prepared for success in college or a career.
- Credits completed with a passing grade from an accredited high school, will transfer to SC Whitmore School.
- Students can enroll any time of year (until the school reaches capacity enrollment) and start immediately - school is open year-round 24/7.
- Our SC diploma is accepted by universities and colleges across the country.
- All course material is online - you will not have to purchase textbooks.
- There are no quarters or semesters - students are able to work at their own pace, 5 days a week.
- Each student has access to individualized learning with qualified, caring teachers.
- Our high school courses are based on achieving mastery.
- Each student learns in a challenging and encouraging environment that is emotionally and physically safe.
Is virtual school right your child? Following are the SC Public charter School District Guidelines for enrolling in a virtual school:
1. Students and parents/guardians must participate in an orientation.
2. Parents must sign an agreement to participate in the state mandated testing: HSAP and End of Course Examinations. Students who do not participate will be withdrawn from the school.
3. Students who have not been successful at another virtual school are not recommended for enrollment. Parents may contact the Principal to appeal this guideline.
4. Students who are under court order to attend are not recommended for enrollment. Students who have been out of school for more than a semester are not recommended for enrollment.
5. Students who have been expelled or are in the expulsion process are not recommended for enrollment. Parents may contact the Principal to appeal this guideline.
6. Students should remain enrolled in their current school until they have completed the enrollment process for a virtual school.
| The mission of the South Carolina Whitmore School, a virtual charter high school, is to encourage students to be personally committed to, and responsible for, their education. This enables them to develop independence, responsibility, time management and critical thinking skills. We are dedicated to providing a supportive, challenging, and alternative learning environment throughout South Carolina. South Carolina Whitmore School emphasizes mastery of all academic courses and results in students achieving their educational goals.
Our online high school curriculum is provided
by CompuHigh, which is an educational institution
nationally accredited by
Advanc-Ed, (NCA-CASI and SACS-CASI)
All 9-12 grade full-time students under the age of 21, who reside in South Carolina and who can provide proof of SC residency, are eligible to attend the SC Whitmore School. SC Whitmore School is authorized by, and a member of, the South Carolina Public Charter School District.
The South Carolina Whitmore School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, or age in its programs and activities. It provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth programs. The following has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director of Operations, PO Box 1054, Chapin, SC 29036.
PO Box 1054, Chapin, SC 29036
Phone: 866-476-6416 Fax: 866-476-1646